Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Perfect Sunday

Fancy waking up at 6am on a Sunday morning 😳 

It’s not something I ever plan to do on my day off, but it’s exactly what happened this morning.

It was especially surprising because knowing that I didn’t need to be awake early, I was awake until almost 1AM binge watching ‘Good Girls’.

I made myself a cup of tea, got comfortable in bed and ...

I watched the first two episodes of the new season of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ - it was a dud version on YouTube but good enough to become invested. I look forward to seeing the real version when it appears on TV.

I finished creating my half page ad for the BHPA newsletter, sent it off and then paid the invoice immediately.

I finalised Tuesday’s lesson for journaling and printed it out.

I ordered some stock - jewellery for the young and the budget conscious.

Adoring Husband invited me to swim in the pool with him, so I changed into my swimmers and joined him. The water was perfect but whatever the new pool guy put into the pool made my eyes sting for about an hour afterwards. This is not good.

I sat under the Bali hut listening to 60s music for a while before attacking my art piece, which I hope to finish tomorrow and then deliver to it’s new owner on Tuesday. It’s coming along nicely.

Dinner was a nosh up of chicken and pork mince with cabbage, carrot, onion, zucchini, ginger, chilli and mushroom served with rice.

It has been a most enjoyable Sunday as well as being productive.

Tomorrow will be arty farty at home and then clearing the arty farty at work. No doubt there will be more swimming in these warm temperatures too!

I’m feeling very chilled and relaxed.




Nite all.


No comments: