Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 20, 2020

Tis the Season!

Now that State of Origin is over (yay Queensland!!), it’s time to put the Chrissy decorations up in the shop.

I did that today.

Blue and silver baubles scattered throughout the shop, silver Christmas bauble decals decorating the counter, the glass on the front doors and some of the display cabinets plus tinsel on the outside chairs.

I didn’t think to take photos! I’ll do that tomorrow.

It was a slow day for sales - lots of tyre kickers though. That usually means big sales the next day.

There were lots of couples through the door and women rarely make purchases when their husbands are with them. They usually return alone the next day to have their fun.

A local lady brought three pieces of her art to the shop today on consignment. One of them is displayed but I need to figure out how and where to display the other two. It’s quite lovely and I think it will sell well.

I paid out some consignment money, spoke to a couple of reps on the phone, wrapped some Christmas gifts and wrote a ‘to do’ list for the weekend.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop today and took all the bulky items in the car so that I only had to carry my handbag in the trike.

I decided to hand wash all of my silk and delicate tops this afternoon. I’ve been putting that chore off for so long and the weather was so warm with a strong breeze that those dripping tops were dry within a matter of hours and are now hanging in my wardrobe!

I put a load in the machine while they dried.

We had Adoring Husband’s usual fare for Friday night dinner. I love Friday night dinner.

I did have to make an ‘after hours’ call to a supplier, but it was short and sweet.

Now it’s after 10pm and I’m ready for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: