Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Midnight Mania

It’s just turned midnight and I was about to go to sleep when I realised I haven’t done my blog!

So this will be short and sweet.

It was an average day of sales at the shop and the morning passed quickly.

The gentleman who commissioned me to do the art popped in to see my progress and has asked for an unexpected big change to one of the images on the canvas. My imagination is going crazy and I hope to play with the image over the weekend.

Adoring Husband helped me lock up and we shopped for groceries before he drove home and I pedalled.

I immediately got changed and went for a dip, float, swim and dance in the pool.

I sat under the Bali hut eating fresh prawns for a late lunch.

I cooked up a risotto with chicken, mushrooms, spinach, pumpkin and feta cheese for dinner and then whipped up a soft serve mango ice cream for dessert.

We watched a fluffy movie on Netflix (well I did while AH enjoyed an extended nap beside me).

I came to bed without him and he woke about an hour later and joined me.

Now it’s time to sleep.



Nite all.


No comments: