Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Sharing the Load

Before I got out of bed this morning, I set my intention for the day.

I stated in my book of intentions a monetary total of sales that I wanted for the day, the types of customers I wanted to serve (happy, light hearted, friendly and positive), the jobs I wanted to finish (pricing and displaying the new intrinsic stock), running a happy and successful art class etc.

I posted on the shop FB page that today was going to be a great day!

Knowing that I still had to finish setting up the training room, I selected the most comfortable clothing and footwear for the day and packed my casual gear to change into for the class.

I rode to work and Adoring Husband drove to help me open.

Afternoon tea is provided so I had to shop for fruit as well as milk for tea and coffee on the way to work.

First on the agenda was pricing and displaying the stock, which I was able to do quickly.

One of the art class participants arrived at 9.30am to offer her assistance to set up, which was a lovely gesture that I accepted with gratitude.

“Laughrocca” is one of our favourites because of her loud and happy laugh. She is very observant because I didn’t have to tell her what to do or show her where to find stuff. She very efficiently got stuck right in and we were finished in just over an hour.

This was especially helpful because it gave me time to have a quick practice run before the class started.

I had an excellent sales day but didn’t quite reach the very ambitious total that I’d set in my intention book! 

All of my customers were fabulous, the art class was so successful that every single person signed up for the next one, even the newbies!








Everyone pitched in to clean up the mess from art - and there was a LOT of mess with 11 of us creating 2 pieces each!

My day, in a nutshell, was fantastic. Exhausting! But I loved every minute of it.

AH closed the shop at 1pm and then returned at 3.30pm to help me finish up and take all my paraphernalia home so that I could ride home without a heavy load in the basket. He’s my champion.

I prepared a delicious dinner of poached chicken with chilli, white pepper, mixed mushroom, bok choy and rice.

I think I need to sleep now.

Nite all.


No comments: