Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Unmotivated

I think the week took a lot out of me.

Believing that Adoring Husband and I had an appointment in The Bay on Monday, I’d made a small list in my head of things I wanted to do around the house today including cleaning the bathroom, doing some washing and finishing the commissioned art piece. 

I also wanted to swim in the pool.

At no point during my day in bed, did I feel remotely motivated to do anything at all. It was even a chore to get out of bed and walk to the ensuite to pee!

AH brought me a cup of tea followed by some bacon with honey on toast - my first bread in quite some time. I’ve lost 4kgs since cutting bread, potato and rice from my kitchen. Having said that, I’ve eaten all three of those things this weekend ... could that have anything to do with my mental state?

I DID write my next two lessons for journaling, but did NOT create the lesson sheets to print and issue so I still need to do that tomorrow.

Between naps, I spent hours watching videos of Natalie Angel “letmetrybeforeyoubuy” on Instagram. She is an average sized woman who tries on and models different brands of clothing. She tells us if the sizes are true, the quality is good or bad, shows us how to style different items, gives us prices, available colours and the corresponding websites or shop names.

The videos are quite short (around 13-15 mins) but they all roll one after the other so before you know it, a couple of hours have passed. Well, more than a couple of hours actually.

I got out of bed at 6pm and made myself a bowl of food - avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, mango, watermelon and chicken with a splash of balsamic vinegar. It was delicious!

I’ve been informed that we don’t have an appointment in The Bay tomorrow so that means I can do all the things that I didn’t do today.




Right now, it’s time for bed ... again!

Nite all.

No comments: