Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Freaking Me Out!

I’m filling my weeks with so much stuff.

It’s all stuff that I absolutely love.

But it’s wearing me out!

This week I had to be at the shop on Monday to partially clear what I could from the art room.

Tuesday morning was coffee with my girls. Lots of regular possums away, but lots of the infrequent visitors turned up. It was loud and fun and giggly and it was almost 11am when they all left.

It was a big sales day followed by the journaling lesson which had two extra people join in for the day. A different energy, a lot of fun but very tiring.

That was followed by more work to clear everything from the training room and set out the 17 chairs ready for meditation the next day.

Wednesday was meditation, time alone with The Gypsy, morning coffee with the meditation ladies and a busy sales day. The treatment room had to be cleared in readiness for The motivator the following day.

Thursday was time with The Motivator, average sales and then a trip into The Bay to accompany AH to visit the doctor.

Friday was average sales but setting up and preparing for the vision board workshop that afternoon, which went for 4 hours! Pretty average for vision boarding to last that long.

Finally today (Saturday) which ended the week with a very quiet sales morning - the Howard Markets were on today so that usually lures people out of our town.

I got ALL my Christmas gift wrapping finished and I’ll mail everything on Monday.

I started AND ended my day with a dip in the pool, and now it’s 8.13pm and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

In the next week, all of the workshops and classes will be winding down for the year. I’ll have no classes between 18th Dec and 5th Jan and no meditation between 10th Dec and 27th Jan!

Right now, I need to sleep 😴 


Nite all.

No comments: