Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 30, 2020

Found It

I found my motivation today.

I was awake at 6am but it was 9am when I got up, changed into my swimmers, made some tea and breakfast, took it out to the Bali hut and enjoyed a very relaxing half hour eating before stepping into the pool.

The water was perfect and I swam some laps and stretched and floated. I remembered the new air bed that Adoring Husband had inflated last week and had stored in the pool storage room. He fell off it twice while struggling to balance. I had no such trouble.

I floated on the air bed and parked it so that only my legs were in the sun and the rest of my body was shaded by the umbrella.

Eventually I forced myself to come inside to get started on the many items on my list.

It took me over two hours to clean the bathroom thoroughly. Emptying the drawers and cupboards, tossing old make-up and shampoos and face creams - 2 bags of rubbish - reorganising the drawers and leaving one empty for Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair when she arrives in less than 3 weeks!!

I scrubbed the tiles and floor, sprayed oil of cloves on the grout in the shower recess, scrubbed and polished the glass in the recess. Dusted the shelves and everything on them. Replaced the towels and floor mats.

Well, you know the drill.

I did two loads of washing.

It was then time to sit down and begin typing out and printing the journaling lesson for tomorrow. I worked on that for an hour but had to set it aside so that we could drive to the shop and clear the training room as best as we could.

Most of the art wasn’t dry yet and the silicone mats were full of very wet paint.

We did our best to clear enough space for morning coffee and hopefully another 20 hours will be enough to dry off the art. I think the silicone mats will take a couple more days to dry.

Returning home, we prepared dinner of pork sausages on the barbecue with a fresh salad.

Then it was back to the drawing board for the journal lesson. I’ve completed the next two lessons now.

There were two things on my list that didn’t get touched. My monthly newsletter is due tomorrow but it will definitely be a couple of days late. The art piece didn’t get touched either, so that is now my priority.

It’s almost 11pm so it’s time to sleep.

I feel much better at the end of today, than I did at the end of yesterday!


Nite all.

No comments: