Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Emotional Hit

For the second time this year, I had to put the “class full” sign on the door and turn people away from meditation!

There were four men in attendance (very unusual) and two of them went out of their way to speak to The Gypsy afterwards. One of them said “Who knew we would find a shining diamond in a place like Burrum Heads!?”

It was an emotional class with some silent tears flowing as we discussed The Power of Self Respect.

There was something about The Gypsy today that was special. She had a loving aura that touched us all.

The usual ladies stayed for coffee afterwards but I didn’t get much time with them because of those pesky customers.

It was a good sales day.

I ordered some gorgeous linen pants and silk tops which are guaranteed to be here before Christmas - I can’t wait!

A big box of snap buttons and snap jewellery finally arrived! Really nice buttons too!

The trays of paint were finally dry so I peeled the sheets of dry paint off the trays and lay them flat on top of the training room cupboards ready for their owners to claim next week.

We cleared the treatment room ready for The Motivator tomorrow.

I rearranged the furniture behind the counter to make more room to move.

It was stinking hot all day and I pedalled home in the heat. My only option was to get changed and jump in the pool!

I swam ten laps, stretched, danced, floated and got the inflatable bed out to float some more. It was pure delight! I listened to 80s music and sat in the Bali hut for half an hour thinking “how bloody lucky am I?”

I made king prawns on toast for my dinner. Adoring Husband made chilli mango chicken wings for himself - a fruit and veg free night. We’ll make up for it tomorrow night.

I’ve just played my BBC2 pop master quiz and now I’m ready to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: