Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Blacked Out

It’s 10:38pm as I type this in the dark.

We’ve been blacked out for almost four hours because of fallen power lines.

💡Power outage - update 💡

🔹 Customers affected: 1,949

🔹 Start time: 6:56pm - 03 Dec 2020

🔹 Est. fix time: 12:30am - 04 Dec 2020

🔹 Reason: The loss of supply is due to fallen power lines.

🔹Status: Crews working on-site

It’s a very hot evening and the house began to warm up after an hour of no air conditioning, so I decided a swim in the pool would be appropriate.

It was delicious in the water and floating on my back staring at the stars was the perfect way to spend 30 minutes. My ears were under water so there was complete silence and sometimes it felt like I was actually floating in space.

There was a slight breeze, so after a while I began to feel a bit chilled. 

I came inside, changed into my pyjamas and at 10pm we were sitting in the lounge room eating vegan ice cream in GF cones. Very indulgent for so late at night, but we are grown ups! We can do anything we want!

I had a nice day at the shop with The Motivator and thanks to a busy final hour of trade, my sales were good.

Adoring Husband had an appointment with his Dr to get some test results, so I decided to accompany him. He was concerned that the results would not be good and wasted much time worrying about something that might not happen.

His results were good. No sign of cancer and there were even improvements in some markers.

See? Wasted energy worrying!

The Dr seemed a bit put out (it’s been 5 yrs since I accompanied AH to his office) by my questions and concerns regarding another matter, but we left with some helpful advice that we will try and at least he knows that I’ve still got Barry’s back and I’m not going to let him get away with anything that I disagree with.

After that appointment, we stopped at Tinkerbells but they have new opening hours and they close at 3pm! How rude!

We did a grocery shop at Stocklands and stopped at The Good Guys where we purchased a new dishwasher to replace the 8 yr old Bosch that just died. 8 yrs is good going for a dishwasher that gets used every day.

We had to stop at my shop on the way home so it was 6pm by the time we pulled into our driveway.

I bought a cooked roast pork at Coles which was still deliciously warm when we got home and we ate warm roast pork sandwiches on fresh low GI bread for dinner. Melt in your mouth delicious!

So I didn’t make up for last nights lack of fruit n veg and I wont be making up for it tomorrow night either because I have my vision board workshop after work and won’t be home til 6pm again! AH will provide his usual Friday night chicken wing dinner.

What a busy life!

It’s now well after 11pm so I guess we should attempt to sleep in our very warm house. I expect the house will be humming and buzzing when the power comes back on in the middle of the night.


Nite all.

No comments: