Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

De cluttering Of Sorts

I was told that shaving your legs is a form of decluttering.

The act of shaving your legs washes away the old, making way for the new and works in a positive way to bring abundance.

So this morning I gave myself an extra 15 minutes (I haven’t shaved my legs since March so it wasn’t going to be quick job!) to get ready for work and I shaved, all the while telling the universe that I was planning on a bumper week of sales in the shop and bringing financial abundance.

Of course it’s only day one of my working week, but today was a blinder! My coffee girls kicked it off with a bang and the day continued along that vein. 

The day was pretty crazy!

The art from the weekend was dry but the silicone trays were still full of wet paint which was problematic because there were so many of them!

I found corflute signs that could be used to hold the trays which are now lined up along the wall in my office area, as well as atop the tall display cupboards. Some are also in the kitchen.

As planned, “Happy Gal” arrived an hour early for the journaling class, to help me clear everything from the training room and set up for journaling. 

I’m feeling incredibly grateful for the women who have become part of my tribe and who have really begun to step up to the plate and make my life easier, by helping set up for classes and then clean up afterwards.

I had two extra ladies in journaling today and they really brought a lot to the class. A nice change of energy. One is on holidays so she’s only here for one class and the other is from The Bay. She plans on joining us on an irregular basis.

After the girls all left, Adoring Husband and I cleared the tables and set up for meditation in the morning.

It was after 4pm when we arrived home to discover ... no power. We still have no idea why there was a blackout, but thankfully the power returned within ten minutes of us coming through the front door. 

It was at the front door where we found a missed delivery ticket! If not for the blackout, we would not have found the ticket because we don’t normally use the front door!

Because I’d washed my hair this morning, I chose not to go swimming. Instead we had an early dinner and came to bed at 8pm.

As you know, tomorrow is an early start, so it’s sleep time for me.

I’m done for the day!


Nite all.

No comments: