Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 27, 2020

Slow Start

My first customer didn’t come through the door until 11.10am.

Despite that, it was a good day of sales!

Adoring Husband and I did a bit more to set up the training room for art, but there is still more to do. One of the participants is coming in at 9am to give me a hand so that will be nice.

Hopefully, my month will end with a flourish tomorrow. I’m not far from tripling sales from last November which is pretty exciting!

I received the second half of my Intrinsic order this afternoon which I still have to price and display. I love Intrinsic products. They are so beautiful, colourful, meaningful and therapeutic.

I’m still waiting for a large order of snap buttons and jewellery which I was expecting earlier in the week. I should know by now that COVID-19 makes deliveries and shipments very unpredictable. Some arrive super fast and others take a ridiculously long time to travel a very short distance.

After 6 months I finally changed the message on the shop phone! 

A couple of new suppliers phoned and I registered with them for wholesale access to their products.

My weekend will be full of art classes, adapting the commissioned art piece to suit the change in requirement, cleaning, helping repair the dishwasher, swimming and meetings with the accountant. 



Nite all.

No comments: