Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Maybe The Weather?

I had a dreadful night.

I fell asleep around 10.30pm.

I woke up at 12.38am.

I was still awake at 2am so I went to the kitchen and made myself some sleepy tea.

I sat in the lounge room reading my new health book until 3.20am.

I was in bed asleep a little after 3.30am.

My alarm woke me at 6am.

I was at work by 6.40am.

Meditation.

Time with The Gypsy.

Morning tea with the meditation ladies.

An average day of sales.

Paid some bills.

Set the training room up for art on Saturday.

Cleared the treatment room ready for The Motivator tomorrow.

Purchased some hand made beaded Christmas baubles from a 91 year old lady.

Created a display for them with a sign.

Feeling quite weary, I left the shop at 2.30pm and pedalled home under the dark looming clouds that threatened to do much but actually did nothing.

Planted my butt on the lounge until I cooked salmon steaks with salad for dinner.

I climbed into bed to play BBC2 pop master and now, before 9pm, I’m ready to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: