Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Unproductively Social

Aggie arrived early at the shop with her hubby Jack (of all trades) who had offered to change the fluoro tubes in one of my ceiling lights. Done in a jiffy. What a champion. Thanks Jack!!

It was The Motivator’s day in the treatment room and we spent a good portion of the day catching up as well as talking shop. 

It was a good day but I didn’t get much done.

A touch above average for sales. What started out as a slow week is looking much better and I’ve already sold 8 of Macca’s (the 91yr old lady) beaded Christmas decorations! 

I received two phone calls about the workshops that I advertised in the local newsletter this month so I’m happy about that, especially because the newsletter has only been out for 3 days.

Adoring Husband had to go into The Bay today so I got him to run some errands for me.

We closed the shop 5 minutes early, did a mini grocery shop and I pedalled home to begin cooking a baked chicken, veg and gravy dinner. It was quite delicious.

It was perfect weather for a swim in the pool but the air was thick with smoke from the Fraser Island fires and after breathing it in during my trike road home, I couldn’t stand the thought of stepping outside for a second dose! Ugh!

Tomorrow is my big set up day for the art class on Saturday so I’d best get some sleep. I hope it will be busy with sales as well so I should be exhausted by the end of the day! 





Nite all.

No comments: