Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 23, 2020

Lunch With Love

Bayaroma Cafe was the destination for lunch today, which was an early celebration for Lady Lynn’s birthday.

I ordered a Perky Pineapple juice and it was so delicious, I ordered a second! I also ordered Risotto with chicken, pumpkin, spinach and Parmesan cheese. It was edible and acceptable but not awesome.

The company, however, WAS awesome and the 5 hours that we spent together passed so quickly that we felt quite disappointed when it was time to go home!

We had a little shopping spree and I purchased a beautiful bright red and sparkling Czarina kaftan. It will be perfect for the Christmas festive season.

We finished up with coffee at Aquavue ...

Tonight I prepared duck breast with salad for dinner. I had half a breast and gave my other half to Adoring Husband.

I’ve just realised that I haven’t prepared my journaling lesson for tomorrow, so here I am at almost 9.30pm finishing my blog post and then working on my lesson!

What a doofus head 😳

Doesn’t matter. I do my best work under pressure!

Nite all.

No comments: