Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Under Pressure

I started the day knowing that I had not yet prepared my journaling lesson!

Eep!

Coffee with the girls was lovely, even though I missed a lot of the conversations due to customers. Those pesky customers!

I received two parcels in the mail. Some lovely clothes that I’d ordered for myself online last week - black jeans, leopard skin tights that are so soft and delicious, two t-shirts and an ‘oversized’ top to wear with the tights.

The other parcel had Christmas gifts that I’d ordered for family.

It was an average day of sales which gave me time to create the journaling lesson. I printed out the last page 20 minutes before the participants arrived! 

I do my best work under pressure 😬

The lesson was a lot of fun and we were all a touch disappointed when the 90 minutes were up.

After the girls left, I had to fold up the tables and set the room up for meditation so it was almost 4.30pm when I pedalled into the carport.

I sat down for about 45 minutes, pulled my clothes off the line and hung out some more and then prepared a salad while Adoring Husband cooked our steaks and onion on the barbecue.

We watched some Spicks and Specks, I did the BBC2 pop masters quiz and now it’s going to be sleep time because I have to be up bright and early for meditation.


Nite all.

No comments: