Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Open Arms

“I am open to welcoming wealth and abundance in my life.”

I wrote that down in fancy letters and I uttered them out loud so that the universe could hear me.

Co-incidence or not, sales improved once the universe heard me. After a very slow start, I was a bee’s knee away from my magic minimum number by the end of the day.

I spent a good portion of my day rearranging displays to fit the new bags that came in on Tuesday.

Because I want to do some study at work while it’s quiet, I attempted to clear my desk, but the more I cleared, the messier it got! I’ll try again tomorrow.

I’ve packed up some of the crystals and jewellery that will be picked up by their owner next week.

I’ve packed up all the jewellery and display coral for another lady. She doesn’t know it yet but I’m asking her to collect because I’ve sold more than half of her pieces, but these have been here for a long time and aren’t moving.

The Happy Hippy came and dusted for an hour. She’s a powerhouse and gets a lot done in that hour.

I had a couple of locals come for a visit just to say g’day.

There was a short, sharp, very heavy downpour of rain at lunch time.

I sold my first wind chime.

Despite today’s rain, I was able to take my clothes off the line this afternoon, unlike yesterday when the rain drenched them and I had to leave them there for another night.

By the end of the day I felt like I’d been running around all day and couldn’t wait to put my feet up!

That’s exactly what I’m doing right now and it feels lovely.

Adoring Husband has just served me my early dinner and I’m hoping I can stay awake long enough to watch some football tonight.

Maybe I’ll get my second wind.

Nite all.

No comments: