Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Friendless!

This is me with all my friends at coffee this morning ...

Everybody had stuff happening this morning, which worked out quite well for me because I had a big box of stock to unpack.

Between serving customers, it took me almost three hours to finish that task.

There were eight ponchos in the box that needed to be steamed - you know how much I love steaming clothes. I had to remove some of the Summer tops from the rack, to make space for the ponchos.

I remembered that I still needed to finish the journaling lesson and print it out. That took another 30 minutes.

In today’s mail, the order of new paints arrived from Spotlight, but before I put them in the paint box, I culled all the ‘almost’ empty tubes (I’ll scrape the tubes out to save the paint) and there is JUST enough room in the box to fit all the new paint.

I finished that task just in time for the journaling class.

The only good thing about there being no meditation on Wednesday is that we didn’t have to stay late to set up the room!

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed barramundi, prawns and salad for dinner.

Now it’s time for bed.


Nite all.


No comments: