Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Pretty Average

Except for the last hour, I was very busy in the shop today.

Yet I still only just passed my magic minimum number.

Every day this week, except for one, I’ve passed my magic minimum number, so even though it’s been on the quiet side in town, I’m doing ok.

A lady, on holidays, made a purchase yesterday and asked me to hold onto it until she returned that afternoon or today. Well she did not return! I’m certain she’s travelling home on Monday so I’m not sure what’s going to happen with that one!

The weather was super windy today and just before closing time there was a very heavy downpour. Certainly not pleasant for fishing or beach walking.

Tomorrow I need to be up early to prepare food to take to a Lorraine Lea party at the Lions Park. So many factors to consider - the wind, the rain, other people taking over all the public tables. Plan B is to use my training room but let’s hope for a glorious day with everything going according to our plan A. It’s not my party but I’ll be purchasing some bamboo products.

I had two puppies in the shop today. Poppy and George. Both from different families and visiting at different times but both beautifully natured dogs.

My shop neighbours, Alfie and Conan (the guard dog), are moving to Howard. They were my security system so I’ll miss them, but apparently there is a lady with two dogs making enquires about renting the property so I may have a double security system if I’m lucky!

I have some new pics of my favourite young people ...


It’s rapidly approaching 10pm so I’m off to meditate myself to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: