Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Gonski

Another photo is gonski!

A Vanilla Orchid photo! I sold it! Wahoo!

Time for me to print a new selection of photos because there are gaps in my display.

I had to order new ponchos today because I sold so many in the first 24 hours that they were in the shop! Unheard of!

I received a pair of jeans in the mail today. They were supposed to be white - they were moonstone cream. They were supposed to be size 12 (I’m usually 10) but they were approximately size 16 from the hips down and size 8 at the waist.

Ridiculous! Especially because of the price I paid. Luckily, the company has an excellent returns policy and it won’t cost me anything to return them.

Sales were pretty low in the shop but the day passed quickly.

This afternoon while Adoring Husband napped, I studied ... or should I say ‘re-studied’ part of my business course. It was a pleasant hour using my brain in a very quiet house.

For dinner I made a creamy vegetable soup out of the leftovers of our beef casserole. It was REALLY delicious! So full of flavour and very nutritious.

A Big Brother fix and just as we were heading to bed, we got sucked into “You Can’t Ask That”. The questions were aimed at people who, for various reasons, had missing limbs. Interesting answers to some strange questions.

I can’t believe it’s already after 11pm.


Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: