Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Almost There

There were only 6 of us in meditation this morning but it was deep and emotional for most of the regulars who attended and there were a few tears quietly rolling down some cheeks

Those are the best classes because it means there are shifts happening and people are healing old wounds, recognising their triggers and figuring out how to use their powers. You can feel the amazing energy at the end of the class as people leave.

While The Gypsy and I were chatting in my newly created little nook behind the counter, The Polish Princess burst through the front door and fell into The Gypsy’s arms crying some angry tears - so much emotion and she hadn’t even attended meditation!

She sat with us for a while and had a short vent, but soon we found reasons to giggle and look at it from a different angle. She left with a smile on her face thanking us for changing her mood.

The Gypsy had to leave then so we never got to finish our conversation. We really must catch up some time outside of work so that we don’t get interrupted and can talk freely.

I had some good sales with lots of new customers and unfamiliar faces through the door.

There was time between customers to finish setting out the displays after the carpet cleaning as well as rearrange behind the counter. It’s still not completely finished but very close! There will be pics when I’m done.

I think I’d like to try for a quiet day tomorrow.

On Friday I need to set up for art class on the weekend. There have been a few drop out due to work and holidays so at this stage, there will only be four in the class! Think I need to do a quick recruit!

It has already been a trying week. Lucky I had my Sunday in bed, but Monday was essentially a sick day and then Tuesday was a moving day that lasted for 12 long hours. Today was a 7 hour work day. I’m feeling it.

It’s now after 10.30pm and I need some sleep.

(MOT = Ministry of Transport in UK and they conduct annual safety tests on cars)

Nite all.


No comments: