Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 25, 2021

Brains and Muscles

I’ve been on my feet a lot this week - hence my tired leg muscles.

I’ve been calculating and thinking a lot this week - hence my tired brain.

A hot shower called to me this evening and I followed that with massaging a body cream of magnesium, lavender, patchouli, rose and geranium into my thigh and calf muscles.


What a difference! Totally soothed and calmed my legs which were feeling restless and almost on the verge of cramping so that I couldn’t find a comfortable sitting position.

Now they feel calm and rested.

I did lots of brain work and calculating today so I plan on falling asleep to a guided healing meditation to help me fall into a peaceful sleep.

It’s all about self love and self care.

Sales were slow today which gave me a chance to continue with my tax paperwork and also to sit for a while with The Brains Trust when she visited.

I do like the new layout of my work area. It feels very comfortable and practical.

There is an art and craft expo being held at the hall tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 am - 3pm so I’m hoping that the visitors to the expo will trickle over to me.

This is the start of school holidays but covid has once again caused havoc in NSW so the borders are closed to residents of greater Sydney, fear is stopping some people from crossing the border and there have been a few booking cancellations so it may be less profitable than expected for the entire area.

It was nice to have AH prepare dinner tonight and since there is no footy this weekend, I believe I shall climb into bed and wait for the rain to come.

Nite all.

No comments: