Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 21, 2021

Wasted

My Monday was kind of wasted.

I stayed in bed til quite late and Adoring Husband made some GF pancakes for breakfast which my tummy did not like.

I got out of bed to help AH clear the lounge room in preparation for the carpet cleaner who is coming on Tuesday.

I don’t think I even lasted for 30 minutes and I had to lay down. When standing up, I was wracked with pain, but no pain when laying on my back.

I fell asleep at about 2pm and woke at 6pm.

I risked an apple and a mandarin for dinner and a bit later had a chicken wing but now my tummy is cramping even while I’m laying down.

Ugh.

I hope a good nights sleep helps me feel better tomorrow.

This my new woollen throw rug that I purchased from Lorraine Lea for my bed. The colour is delicious!


This is little Hazie smiling beautifully for her Dad while sporting her glowing red locks of hair …

Nite all.


No comments: