Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 21, 2021

A Bit Productive

I didn’t get to stay in bed all day, as I’d planned.

When Adoring Husband left the house to get his coffee at 6am, I got out of bed and made myself some tea and a small ham salad for breakfast. I was a bit peckish because I didn’t eat dinner last night.

I returned to bed with my goodies and watched a Netflix movie called “Irresistible” which I quite enjoyed.

After that I signed up for and did an online Masterclass Workshop about Launching an Online Course. It was interesting - I knew most of it but picked up a couple of interesting titbits which is always a bonus.

AH asked about lunch so I dragged myself out of bed and cooked up some barramundi and salad for us both. I sat with him and watched the end of a documentary on Stan about pangolins …

Interesting little creatures which are highly endangered in both Africa and Asia thanks to illegal trafficking.

I returned to bed and watched another movie on Netflix called “An American Pickle” which I also enjoyed.

Then it was time to cook dinner which was a whole roast chicken with cauliflower au gratin made with Zymil cream and lactose free cheese. It was surprisingly good! I also baked some potato and sweet potato.

While that cooked, I watched Manly annihilate Gold Coast in the second half of their game.

We had strawberries and raspberries with Zymil cream for dessert. I might add that AH had TWO servings of dinner before he had dessert!

I watched Spicks and Specks before once more returning to bed.

It’s already after midnight!


Nite all.


No comments: