Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Against My Team

I have a confession to make.

I tipped against my team tonight in the State of Origin.

I have no faith in our QLD captain or coach and it’s evident that the opposition is a strong, connected team with the will to win.

It means that I will gain 2 points over my tipping comp opponents because they all tipped QLD.

(Perhaps I should not speak too soon because the game is still in progress and we are 20 points behind with 14 minutes remaining)

Saturday morning was great for sales in the shop and that was followed by a fun afternoon of art. There were only 3 regulars in attendance and 2 holiday makers joined us. Everybody was happy with their results.







I had been awake since 2am. I fell asleep at 9pm and when I woke at 2, I couldn’t get back to sleep, needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the work day and had another early night on Saturday.

Again, I woke early … 3am this time … but I was able to doze off after an hour or so, then didn’t wake til after 9am.

I feel well rested.

We had soup for dinner and I made some scones for the first time in about 15 years!

We have a big day in The Bay tomorrow, my team is now losing by 26pts, so I’m off to bed.



Nite all.

No comments: