Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Still Doin’ It

Tax stuff.

Because yesterday was the last day of the financial year, I spent most of today finalising all the paperwork and bundling it up ready for the accountant.

I am pleased with the figures.

Even though my morning was very busy, I only reached my minimum happy number in sales, which surprised me.

Time passed very quickly and I had a visit from Aggie which always adds a sparkle to my day.

At 2pm Adoring Husband closed up the shop for me so that I could spend 90 minutes with The Artful Dodger practicing our sketching skills …

This is by no means finished and I doubt that it will ever be finished. It will go into the folder with all of my other unfinished art.

We really enjoyed our art time. It’s one of those things that goes on the bottom of the priority list, when it really should be close to the top in the ‘self care’ category.

The Artful Dodger dodged death (hence the name) when she survived a massive heart attack about 18 months ago. As a result, she has weak lungs, a weak heart and trouble with her kidneys. Art has been very therapeutic and has helped considerably with her rehabilitation.

She is also a member of the journaling group and boy does she have a story to tell!

There is a party happening tomorrow (Friday) afternoon with our art group. One of the girls who lives on the waterfront is making the most of her alone time while her husband is fishing. I think it’s going to be a crazy afternoon with lots of alcohol, lots of laughter and plenty of silliness.

We are all taking with us, a photo of ourselves under the age of 5, so there will be a guessing competition to pick who’s who. THAT will be interesting!

Meanwhile I’m disappointed that I didn’t stay awake last night to watch Kyrgios finish his match against the french player and number 21 seed Humbert because he won 9-7 in the final set.

I saw his first couple of games and believed he would lose because he was not playing well, so gave up, rolled over and fell asleep.

Which is what it’s time for me to do now!

This funny pic was created by my friend in Toowoomba who has been playing around with digital art. She is also a photographer and has many creative, artistic abilities. I really love this one …

Nite all.

No comments: