Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Perfect

The perfect way to wake up this morning was to the sound of that beautiful steady rain.

I have to say that it was difficult to get out of bed because I just wanted to stay there all day.

But I made the decision and jumped out of bed with a burst of happy adrenaline because I wanted to start my day on a positive note!

I expected to have zero sales because I thought ‘who wants to come out shopping on a day like today?’, but I had a few customers pop in to make a purchase or two.

It was enough to make it worth getting out of bed.

While it was quiet, I did some more research on the current Covid stats, seasonal flu stats and vaccination stats. They were very interesting, but I left the info in my desk at the shop, so lucky for you … I can’t share them today.

However, I CAN share the first video that I watched of people in USA who experienced adverse effects from their vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_zNSEW1wc

I found a couple of YouTube videos showing how to set up ‘Quickbooks’ accounting system online, so that’s how I’ll be spending my Sunday in bed. I’ll set it all up ready for the accountant.

Adoring Husband arrived to help close the shop and we were heading down the driveway a couple of minutes before 1pm. 

When we arrived home, I got changed and stripped my bed, then remade it with my bamboo sheets. Since it will be my office all day on Sunday, I want it to be lush and comfortable.

It’s Super Saturday for footy this arvo, so we are all settled in for that.

There are also lots of Aussies playing at Wimbledon tonight so I might get to see some good matches after the footy.

Barramundi and salad for dinner. Nice and easy.

It has been a few hours since I started this blog and now I’m sitting up in bed watching the tennis.

The bamboo sheets were crisp and cool to slide between and I put my thermal balancing mattress topper on the bed for the first time, so I’ll let you know how effective it is.

Except for the pool, this my favourite part of the house 🥰

I’m looking forward to my Sunday in bed. I hope your Sunday is delicious too!


Nite all. 

No comments: