Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

It Strikes Again

Covid that is.

They wait until you’re feeling safe …

… and then BAM!!

How can they allow a receptionist from a covid ward to go on holidays without first conducting a precautionary covid test?

It seems to me that it’s always people in authority who ‘accidentally’ allow these slip ups.

Then ‘the powers that be’ put the fear of God into everyone. They play on that fear and they manipulate our emotions and control our every movement.

While we are all struggling financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, the Bill Gates’ and Jeff Bezos’ and Mark Zuckerbergs’ and Dan Schulmans’ and Elon Musks’ and Warren Buffets’ of this world have doubled and in some cases, tripled their profits.

They all have their fingers in the Covid/vaccination/isolation pie contributing to our fear and profiting from it.

But don’t get me started 😝

We are at the beginning of the school holidays and so many plans have now been cancelled due to the movements of one young traveller last week.

Businesses are suffering, families are disappointed, huge financial losses from cancelled concerts/festivals/events, people desperately searching for vaccinations and so much community anger directed at the young girl who travelled extensively while contagious.

She spent time on Magnetic Island, where my sister (Squirt) and her fiancé live. The traveller spent 2 hours in the restaurant where Squirt’s fiancé was working. Squirt spent hours this afternoon in a queue to be tested because she’s not allowed back to work in the pharmacy until she is given a negative test result.

The workers shut the testing station before she reached the front of the queue so she’ll return tomorrow morning at 6am to wait for their 8am start.

So the wait begins.

Morning tea was another quiet one with three of us chatting until Bombshell appeared with the grandies and after the girls all left, I had a good day of sales in the shop, with a few visitors to make it more interesting throughout the day.

Journaling class was productive and afterwards we set up the training room for meditation. 

I was too unmotivated to cook the duck and veg that I’d planned, so Adoring Husband got some soup out of the freezer and we had that instead.

We watched the Big Brother finale - no surprises there - but sad that Covid forced changed to the format and prevented some of the participants from attending.

Wimbledon has begun! But I can’t watch it tonight because it’s an early start tomorrow. Bugger.

Speaking of early starts, best get some sleep because it’s almost 11pm.



Nite all.


No comments: