Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 28, 2021

Much To Do

Our day began on the back foot.

Because of days of cloudy skies and rain, our solar hot water ran out of oomph and we had no hot/warm water for showers this morning.

Ugh. That was annoying, even more so because we left it til the last minute to shower, so we didn’t even have the time to flick the switch and wait for the power to warm it up.

A cold wet washer to clean the bits that mattered 😳

We attended the 90 minute appointment with our financial advisor … which lasted for 45 minutes … and drove around the corner to Su Jus Bar for an early lunch. The wind was cold and gusty in the outdoor eating area but the food was delish. We tried the new ‘Reubens’ grilled sandwich.

Afterwards Adoring Husband took me to the new QBD book store at Stocklands.

That was a dangerous move.

As I was about to pay for my carefully selected items, AH stepped forward and waved his phone over the eftpos machine paying for me. 

It’s not the first time he’s been surprised by the final tally!! He gasped 😮

I wish I had a couple of days off now so that I could spend quality time with my purchases!

We arrived home a bit after 2pm, got changed and drove to the shop to clear the training room of the art tables and we set up for morning coffee and journaling.

The laundry was calling to me and I did a couple of loads of washing before preparing barramundi and salad for dinner.

We were both too tired to even stay up together and watch Big Brother.

So here I am in bed yawning yawning yawning.

Nite all.

No comments: