Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Tumbling Down

It has been raining steadily since 1pm.

It doesn’t look like stopping any time soon.

It’s lovely!

My sister Squirt and her fiancé both received a negative result from their covid tests.

This leads me to ask “If the traveller had the most contagious strain of covid (Delta which is also the most resistant to vaccines) and she spent 2 hours in a busy restaurant on Magnetic Island, and NOBODY caught it, then what the hell is going on???”

Why isn’t anybody questioning this?

I had a good day of sales as customers came in between rain showers.

I paid all my bills - it has been a heavy couple of months for stoopid bills 💵 so I’m happy that’s behind me now.

At 1pm, The Artful Dodger arrived at the shop because we planned on going to the party together at 2pm.

Adoring Husband helped close the shop and was kind enough to drive us because even though the party was just around the corner, the rain by this time, was quite heavy.

We were not the first to arrive.

Our hostess was dressed to the nines and looking fabulous!


The kitchen counter was spread with all the healthiest food and tasty delights.








The photos of us all under the age of 5 were spread on the table. My photo was the last remaining after the guesses - nobody picked that it was me.

We drank slushies made with Ruby Riccadonna and strawberry sorbet, normal Riccadonna with passion fruit sorbet. They were delicious and very easy to drink.

We played Charades! It was freaking hilarious!



I was home before 7pm. Five hours of fun and frivolity was quite enough for me.

It’s now rapidly approaching 1am. How the hell did that happen?

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: