Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 5, 2021

Oops! What?

I don’t know what happened last night.

I was certain that I posted here, but I must have been too caught up with learning about Quickbooks.

The bedroom was my office all day Sunday, but I achieved very little because I do not understand QB at all. I understand it well in theory, but putting it into practice and getting all my info into my online registration has completely stumped me.

I got nothin’

Desperate situations call for desperate measures and I think I’ll have to pay someone to set it up and teach me how to use it.

It was well after midnight when I turned out the light for sleeping, but I had done all the calculations so I know where I stand with the shop.

Today, I had no choice but to get out of bed early because Best Cousin In The World was arriving to pick up all our old bedding, which included doonas and covers, pillows, sheets, pillow cases etc., all for her dogs because she breeds working dogs.

I expected that she would stay for an hour or two but one of her bitches appeared to be in early labour when she left home, so we agreed she should return home as soon as possible. I haven’t heard any news about new babies yet.

While I probably should have done some QB study, I found a series on Netflix called ‘Down to Earth’ with Zac Efron and Darin Olien. They travel around the world looking for healthy sustainable ways to live and so far, I want to move to Iceland, France, Costa Rica, Lima and Sardinia!

It’s a great series and apparently a 2nd season is in the making.

We had an easy dinner of soup with crusty bread.

After watching ‘Farmer Wants a Wife’, I’m ready for sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: