Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 10, 2021

New Best Day

What a day!

I’m exhausted!

Krocca and The Artful Dodger came early this morning to help set up for the art class.

After they left, I mixed my paints so that I could have a practice run before the class, then I rewatched the demonstration video before doing this …

I’ve never tried this technique with trees before so I needed a practice run.

I had a quick look at the photos that I took on Friday afternoon, but didn’t get a chance to do anything with them.

There were plenty of customers and plenty of tyre kickers today.

Adoring Husband turned up right on time to close the shop while I changed into my art gear.

Everybody arrived on time including M&M with her Aunty and Grandma who were newbies to this type of art.

The energy was a bit low at the beginning of the class, but seemed to come good once everybody got into it. The newbies were a bit tentative at first but it didn’t take long for them to feel comfortable - once they realised we were all there for the fun and we weren’t arty farty snobs!











There was a LOT of cleaning up to do afterwards and it was loud in the room with everybody talking in little groups, especially when all the males arrived - AH, Little T’s son, M&M’s husband and Grandpa. It sounded like 40 people were in the room!

I don’t even know what time we left the shop, but I went straight to the kitchen to get started on dinner which was shepherds pie with Brussels sprouts. It took a bit of preparation but it was worth the effort. Delicious.

I came to bed at 7.30pm because I was cold and tired. I watched the football and then waited for the tennis to start.

Ash Barty is in the Wimbledon final and I hope I can stay awake to see out the match.

I am SO looking forward to my day in bed tomorrow. It’s been a brain storming week and my brain is tired.

Nite all.

No comments: