Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Looking Up

We arrived at the shop right on 9am today! That’s the 2nd time I’ve been so late.

I was dragging the chain because I got too involved in a book this morning and the idea of a one week cleansing mono diet. That means aside from starting each day with warm lemon water followed by a glass of straight celery juice, you choose from a list of highly nutritious, healing foods and eating only that one food for one week straight.

The idea of it is to reduce inflammation in the gut, starve any pathogen that has made its home there and cleanse your gut of bugs, mould, fungus, heavy metals, candida and other interesting damaging things. Eating the one food makes digestion easier on the body which is restful and healing while still providing enough vitamins, natural salts, sugars and goodness to keep you energised and fueled up to get through the day.

It’s especially good for people with food allergies, intolerances and undiagnosed gut issues.

So I might give it a go next week.

I had the best day of sales for the school holidays so far.

The steady sales made the day pass quickly and in between customers I finally installed the updates on my iMac. That took about 45 minutes.

I sent an important email to the financial adviser, priced and displayed some new stock, filed some paperwork, ate my prawns for lunch and had an interesting conversation with a small human being - he was about 7yrs old and obviously on the spectrum. 

He promised to come visit me next time he’s in town, informing me that he would be an adult next time, but he would remind me of the turtle that he bought from me today.

Sadly, I probably won’t have the shop in another 11 years, but you never know.

The Artful Dodger, who had her first vaccination yesterday, is now in bed very ill … will be interesting to see how long she’s out of action. So far I only know one person who hasn’t been flattened by the jab.

All of the shops in town now have the QR code at their entrance for scanning.

I don’t have it because I don’t fit the criteria for mandatory scanning …

On the way home from work, my water bottle leaked all through my handbag! Luckily I had only cleared the bag out on the weekend so there was no damage done. It was just annoying

I have another Friday night party to attend this week. Of course it’s hardly partying hard when it starts at 2pm and is done and dusted before 7pm, HOWEVER, it’s still a bit of fun!

I’m in bed watching the footy but will switch over to the tennis shortly because the Aussie Ash Barty will be playing her semi final match.

I’m feeling prematurely smug about the football because I’ve gone against the masses and tipped the Canberra Raiders over the ‘in form’ Manly team. Canberra are currently winning by 14 points. Of course anything can happen with 25 minutes still to play … which is why I used the term ‘prematurely’.

Enjoy your Friday!



Nite all.

No comments: