Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 9, 2021

Best Day

Last day of school holidays. Best day of sales 😳

Still not ‘amazing’, but very good!

I spent a couple of hours in Quickbooks. Still not sure what I’m doing but it makes more sense every time I use it.

The Brains Trust came for a visit and we talked about a girls day out on Monday.

There were a few heavy showers during the day which possibly kept a few people indoors.

The day passed quickly and before I knew it, Adoring Husband was pulling into the drive through at the pub so that I could purchase some Riccadonna to take to the afternoon gathering at Raintree Acres.

I drank a whole bottle!

On my own!

I didn’t feel drunk.

More like tipsy.

I took my camera and spent some time in the garden taking photos of the local flora and fauna. I haven’t looked at my camera since I got home, but if there are any decent photos, I’ll share them here over the weekend.

Adoring Husband picked me up at 5.30pm and we dropped JMac2 at the pub before coming home.

Apparently, I ‘repeated’ a couple of stories to AH (just karma if you ask me) but I prepared dinner without a problem and he made fun of me for being silly! 

Now I’m in bed switching between two TV channels. One has the football and the other has the movie ‘Crazy Stupid Love’.

I feel the need for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: