Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Clearer

Both the weather and my understanding of Quickbooks is a little clearer.

Today, when I logged into my QB account, it looked completely different to previous days, and it actually made sense to my brain! I was able to do some work, input some data and categorise my bank transactions for tax purposes. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but at least my brain doesn’t feel like it’s going to explode!

Meditation was low in numbers this morning, but still inspiring. We discussed ‘stillness’ - the ability to be anywhere, doing anything while feeling the peace and stillness within.

The Gypsy stayed for about 45 minutes afterwards and even though it’s only been a week, there was still so much to catch up on.

Sales were good today - still not as good as school holidays should be but good for my morale.

I chose the art technique that we are going to try on Saturday and then posted it in our private messenger group.

I had a visit from Aggie parading her new ‘do’ which convinced me to try the new guy at the hair salon in town.

The Artful Dodger visited while she waited for her lunch to be prepared at the cafe.

Adoring Husband ran some errands in town and picked up the FROG box on his way home. He also bought me some fresh prawns which I’m looking forward to munching on for lunch tomorrow.

For dinner tonight, AH cooked some snags on the barbecue while I mashed some yellow sweet potato/white sweet potato/regular white potato and threw in some raw chopped spring onion. Broccoli and cauliflower on the side and home made onion gravy.

We watched Farmer Wants a Wife and both headed to bed.

I’m watching Wimbledon (the Djokovic quarter final) but my eyelids are heavy so I may be asleep very soon 😵‍💫

On that note, here is my little Hazie again …



Nite all.

No comments: