Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Feeling Friday

I was feeling a little unwell for some of today.

A bit lethargic and a bit nauseated.

With hindsight it was possibly because I didn’t eat. A handful of grapes is probably not enough sustenance to get through some days.

It was a good day for sales though. Plenty of people out and about.

I plonked myself in the soft lounge chair in the fitting room for about 20 minutes which helped me gather some energy.

Some new stock arrived today. Lovely Jenny Jazz silk blend tops and some gorgeous linen shirts, one of which I kept for myself.

There will be more next week.

That meant I was on my feet with the steamer for a bit over an hour.

I’ve sold a lot of clothes this week!

The Brains Trust popped in for a visit, as did Krocca earlier in the day.

There were gale force conditions in town. Too windy for beach walking and the water was very choppy so not conducive for boating or fishing.

There was still some smoke lingering from the back burning across the river, but we’ve just had some good soaking heavy rain so hopefully that will have drenched the ground and cleared the air.

It’s 7.20pm but I think I’m off to bed. I will fall asleep watching the footy because I can’t stop yawning 🥱 

Nite all.


No comments: