Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 12, 2021

Jet Lagged

This must be what jet lag is like.

I stayed awake until 4am watching the men’s Wimbledon final, presentations and celebrations. Djokovic played a brilliant game to defeat a confident opponent who put up a good fight. The Italian player, Berrettini, played well, but just needs a little more experience to get him over the line.

Less than five hours later, I was awake, but the brain wasn’t functioning well enough to do any of the work I was considering, so I exercised my brain by playing word games. I actually won a big tournament with 600 participants!

At 1pm I got out of bed, showered and dressed ready to clear the training room.

Adoring Husband, who had spent the morning mowing our lawns, drove us to the shop and we cleared the mess and set up for morning coffee and journaling. I vacuumed the whole shop and cleared all the washed cups, brushes, sticks and other tools out of the kitchen.

AH emptied and cleaned the bagless vacuum barrel.

It took us almost 90 minutes to get the job done.

After a short rest at home, I prepared dinner - which was all leftovers from last night’s roast.

Just as I was about to watch Farmer Wants a Wife, Number 1 Son phoned. I muted the telly and we chatted for about 30 minutes.

It’s almost 11pm and my eyelids are heavy. Time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: