Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Back to Earth

Today was NOT as busy as yesterday.

I have come crashing back down to earth with a thud!

So I put together this hamper full of goodies …

… there will be a bottle of wine added and it’s value is approximately $500 🤩

For every $25 that a customer spends in the shop, they fill out an entry form to put it in the box and the winner will be drawn the week before Christmas.

The Happy Hippy did some cleaning.

The Artful Dodger dropped in to show me some masks that she made and we’ll sell them in the shop.

I was invited to an art retreat weekend, which I declined.

I created a document which disappeared from the screen when I was 2 lines away from finishing! The silly part about it is that when I first opened the empty page, a message appeared telling me that it would ‘auto save’ as I worked. 

Well it didn’t!

Very annoying!

I pinched my finger on the extending handle of my wheelie case …

Ouch!

Adoring Husband and I ate paleo pizzas for dinner tonight. AH did all the preparation of chopping, slicing and grating so all I had to do was put what I wanted onto my base. It was very nice.

I caught up on my recorded Beauty and the Geek shows before coming to bed.

There is a strong smell of smoke in the air because of back burning across the river. The smoke lingered all over town today and the smell is through the house. Ugh.

Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: