Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Networking

I’ve figured it out.

Because Covid has prevented the usual holiday mobs from making their annual trip to our town, their holiday rentals and caravan sites have been taken by newbies. Those newbies don’t know that I even exist!

So I’m formulating a plan.

  • I’ve created some laminated signs to go on the notice boards of the caravan parks.
  • I’m making postcard sized advertisements and spoken to the owner of the real estate office who has agreed to place them in each of their holiday rentals.
  • I’ll staple laminated signs in strategic locations around town.
  • I’m going to donate a weekly gift certificate to the Bowls Club as a prize in their Friday night raffles.
  • I’ll start another Facebook promotion where people will be photographed with their purchases and their details taken. I’ll draw the winner in December to win a big gift pack to the value of $150 or more.
  • I will ask a couple of the local businesses to put my sign in their window.
That’s a pretty good start and The Motivator and I did most of those things when we were The Happy Abode, so I know those methods work well.

It was a lovely morning tea with the girls with just 4 of us in attendance and it was great to have Maid Marian back in the room after her medical procedure and looking fit and well.

It was a very slow day for sales, but I got other work done, including putting in an order for some new stock of fashion items.

I had a few chatty visitors so the day passed surprisingly quickly!

The journaling class was very productive and we achieved a lot in 90 minutes.

We set the room up for meditation before we left and did some grocery shopping before heading home.

I got a couple of loads of washing done and Adoring Husband cooked some lamb cutlets on the barbecue while I prepared the salad.

We watched Farmer Wants a Wife and both of us barely made it to the end because we wanted to get to bed.

It’s quite lovely to be sitting up in bed in silence with no TV going. I think I’ll do that more often.



Early start tomorrow so it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: