Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Good Energy

My shop was filled with good energy today.

Everyone who entered was happy and positive and vibrant.

It was a good day for sales.

I re-evaluated my Christmas hamper and reduced it to $250, put it on display and printed out the display sheet ready to be laminated on Monday.

I left the shop right on 1pm.

There were a few chores to be done when I arrived home, then there was time for a short movie before the football started.

We ate paleo pizzas again for an early dinner.

We discovered that the ice cream cones I’ve been eating all week are NOT gluten free! The brand we eat have exactly the same packaging for both the normal and the gluten free except for the words “gluten free” in one spot.

Either Adoring Husband made a mistake last time he bought them OR Bubbles bought herself the regular cones when she was here and I ate them assuming that they were GF.

Anyway, that would explain why I’ve been so unwell all week, feeling tired, spending extra time in the bathroom even in the middle of the night, feeling nauseated and experiencing pains in my abdomen etc.

It’s kind of a relief knowing there is a reason.

This has given me incentive to do the mono cleanse this week to help clear the gluten from my system, so after I enjoy a lunch date with my tribe tomorrow, I’ll focus on that.

Now I’m sitting up in my lovely bed deciding whether to curl up for sleep, do some journaling or watch some Netflix.

Perhaps I should sleep so that I can be bright, chirpy and cheerful tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: