Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Not Christmas

But it felt like Christmas!

It was difficult to get out of bed this morning.

You know those mornings when you feel all warm and snug and safe in bed and you just want to enjoy that feeling for as long as possible? That’s how I felt this morning.

I stayed in bed until the very last minute, leaving myself 25 minutes to get ready.

I made it.

Meditation was great and the theme of discussion was ‘letting go of the past’ which was very relevant for many in the class.

The Gypsy hung around for about an hour and as always, we had a good chat.

It wasn’t long after she left that The Artful Dodger popped in for a visit.

From then on it was very busy and it felt like Christmas as customer after customer came through and all of them on a mission to spend! 

Needless to say, a fantastic day of sales.

Adoring Husband had a late doctor’s appointment so I kept the shop open for an extra hour.

I am sitting here watching State of Origin and with 6 minutes left in the game, my team is winning by 2 points. It’s tight … and stressful to watch!

It’s time to gather my goods and prepare for bed. I know I’m going to feel all safe and snug when I get there.

*happy dance*

Queensland won the State of Origin final game!! Wahoo!!

I can rest easy now.

Nite all.

No comments: