Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Perfectamundo

I had a perfectly busy day at the shop.

Very unusual for a Saturday morning!

I sold a lot of clothes today. This is fortuitous because I have new stock coming next week and now I have spare coat hangers to hang them on.

I ordered 60 new hangers from IKEA over a week ago and I received an email today telling me that they will arrive on 23rd August. The last time I ordered online, they were here 4 days later so I’m a bit annoyed, but it can’t be helped.

So my desk is still a mess. There was no time for cleaning today but I took small moments of opportunity to toss obvious rubbish, put all the papers in a pile and put loose pens in the caddy. Not really enough to make a difference but at least I feel like I’ve made a start.

The morning passed very quickly and it was nice to come home and put my feet up to watch the footy. So far I have a perfect round … along with everybody else in the tipping comp! But this is my joker round so I have double points haha!

Sadly regional NSW has now been forced into Covid lockdown for at least seven days. For the moment we are again the lucky ones and life is pretty normal for us.

I’m looking forward to a lazy Sunday. I’ll do some more life journaling, some study, some playing, some reading and some napping. I may even do some art.

For now, it’s approaching midnight and it’s time for me to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: