Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Fill The Day

It was nice to have so many girls for coffee this morning and I actually got to sit with them for quite a lot of the first hour.

BUT

I forgot that I had a sales rep coming at 10am.

He was supposed to come last week, but the lockdown in SE QLD put a stop to that. Because the lockdown only ended on Sunday, I wasn’t even sure if he was coming and he certainly didn’t confirm, so it was a bit of a surprise when he turned up.

The girls got to see some of the clothes that I was selecting from and I was guided by their responses and reactions when choosing.

On his last visit, this rep was with me for about 3.5 hours, but this visit only lasted for two.

I purchased some of the clothes that he had on hand and I ordered some colourful leather lady’s wallets from a brand that I’ve been eyeing off for a year or two..

He left at 12.30pm and no sooner had he walked out the door when The Artful Dodger came for a visit and 5 minutes later a regular customer walked through the door. So I spent the next 20 minutes back and forth between the two of them.

I steamed, priced and displayed some of the clothes that I’d just purchased. Of course I selected one of the tops for myself!

I cleared the kitchen of most of the art brushes, cups, sticks and palettes that we washed on Saturday. 

Next thing I know, Adoring Husband arrived to help me close the shop.

Time flies when you’re having fun!

Journaling was cancelled so we cleared the training room, set up for meditation and I vacuumed the shop before we left.

We did a little grocery shop and checked the mail before heading home.

As soon as I got home, I put the sweet potatoes on so that I could make mash to go with the slow cooked lamb shanks from yesterday.

I sat down for an hour before preparing dinner early.

7.30pm was our bedtime of choice tonight and I am watching The Voice as I write this.

Early start tomorrow and a ‘to do’ list a mile long for this week.

Time management will be key!


Nite all.

No comments: