Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Busy Start

It has been a busy start to the week.

Adoring Husband was unwell this morning so I rode my trike an hour early to work so that I could clear the tables and art stuff from the training room. It was a bloody mess, but I managed to clear most of it and open the shop with time to spare.

I didn’t have much time with the girls this morning because there were a LOT of customers through the door. Very few spent money but they certainly kept me on my toes.

The Happy Hippy came to clean and caught up with all the dusting. I’ve been asking her to steam clothes for the last two or three weeks so the dust was building.

I was expecting 5 boxes of stock to be delivered today but it didn’t arrive until 1.30pm which gave me no time to unpack it before the journaling class and then we had to find somewhere to store it because the training room had to be clear for meditation.

An unexpected phone call brought me a visitor to the shop just before lunch. The woman is from Bargara and she makes reed diffusers, soy candles, bath salts and soy melts. The packaging and designs are gorgeous and the scents are delicious so I can’t wait to have them displayed in the shop. It will take two weeks for her to create my order.

I registered for wholesale access to IRONCLAY which is an Australian jewellery designer who has her pieces created with Mexican silver IN Mexico - her ancestry is part Mexican. The pieces are beautiful and I’ve already selected a couple for my personal collection 🤣🤣🤣

Journaling class went well and afterwards we set up for meditation.

I cooked crispy skinned salmon for Adoring Husband’s dinner and served it with salad. I shelled my two crabs and had a big fat crab sandwich.

Now, it’s not even 9.30pm and I’m ready to curl up in bed. I can feel a big week ahead of me.


Nite all.

No comments: