Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Low Down

Sales were low.

They didn’t reach my happy minimum.

However … this afternoon, two ladies asked me to hold $240 worth of ‘stuff’ until tomorrow morning when they will return with their purse and five friends. They had left for their walk empty handed.

I unpacked most of the new stock and rearranged some display areas to make space.

I tidied some of my desk area, but there is still a way to go.

I decluttered one cupboard to make room for packaging.

I signed three agreements with my accountant.

I ordered some printer ink because my printer refuses to print even though I have plenty of black ink!

I made a prawn and avocado sandwich for lunch and enjoyed my break with a cup of tea.

Adoring Husband arrived looking pretty spiffy in his new SES uniform to help me close the shop.

When I arrived home, I made my afternoon pot of anti-inflammatea and put my feet up to watch 2 Netflix movies. “The Afterlife of the Party” and “Worth”. I quite liked both of them, but both brought me to tears so I was feeling a bit drained by the end.

No dinner for me tonight.

In between all the stuff, I’ve resumed researching all things Covid and am discovering some pretty amazing stuff, some of which I’ll be sharing from time to time, so be prepared for an education.

For now, I’m ready for sleep.

Nite all.



No comments: