Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Unremarkable

Very quiet in the shop this morning.

I took some clothes from my wardrobe, priced them and hung them on the ‘pre-loved’ rack.

I had a great conversation with the Stinger Lady and we realised that we know twelve of us in town who have the same beliefs about the current global situation. That number is surprising considering the conservative/conformist nature of the population!

It’s nice to know we have allies and that we can share information as it comes to hand.

A local business owner shared with me that she lost her Mum recently and because her Mum lives in VIC, she can’t attend the funeral. A very difficult thing to come to terms with.

Nothing else of interest happened.

When I arrived home, I got changed, hung out some washing, made a late lunch and sat down to watch a fluffy Netflix movie.

I’m watching the footy right now but feeling quite weary at 9pm. Adoring Husband has already gone to bed, even though he has slept for about 4 hours in the chair since we got home.

Our lavender garden is looking quite lovely …



… thanks to AH.

I’m looking forward to a lazy Sunday.


Nite all.

No comments: