Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 5, 2021

What Budget?

Mid morning I had a couple, wearing what looked to be uniform polo shirts, walk through the door of the shop.

They each gave a gasp of surprise (that happens a lot) and wandered around for five minutes telling me they were drivers for a Bundaberg ‘group’ and that they’d left 18 people sitting drinking coffee in front of the bakery and Foodworks.

I said “You need to tell them about this great shop! I’m sure they’d love to come for a visit!”

With that, the man walked out and the woman brought her purchase to the counter.

Five minutes later, a convoy of elderly humans trudged up the driveway and the man held the door open for them as they swarmed into the shop.

One of the ladies was named Roz! She introduced herself quite gleefully! All of the 18 humans were in their 80s and they didn’t spend a lot of money but they certainly helped me reach my happy minimum today.

They were a happy bunch and all complimented the shop as they went on their way to Goodies for lunch.

I had an appointment booked with a supplier for 12.30pm but he didn’t arrive until 1.15pm.

As always, I budgeted a certain amount for this visit and as always I went far and above it.

I’m very happy with my purchases and I know they will sell well so I’m not suffering buyer’s remorse.

The appointment lasted an hour and Adoring Husband closed the shop while I was busy and I was home by 2.30pm.

I did a load of washing, parked my butt with my usual cup of tea beside me and proceeded to add up my purchases. The total was more than I’d planned but not as bad as I expected.

We watched a few movies. 

‘School of Rock’ with Jack Black.

‘Happy Season’ with Kristen Stewart

‘Meet Joe Black’ with Brad Pitt.

Now it’s almost 11pm and I’m sitting up in bed feeling very comfortable and ready for a good nights sleep.

Looking forward to a blinder of a Saturday to end my week on a financial high!







Nite all.

No comments: