Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Searching

I’ve been searching far and wide on google for information regarding Covid 19 vaccine “shedding”.

What is shedding? Vaccine shedding happens when an individual releases or sheds the components of a vaccine either inside or outside their body.

95% of the answers you will find online tell you that shedding can only happen with live attenuated vaccines such as MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), Chickenpox, Flu, Rotavirus to name a few.

Regarding the Covid 19 vaccine …

The CDC says this …

The Healthline says this …

SBS says this …


ABC says this …


Pfizer says this …


and this …


… and you can read more here

Anyway … today was Melbourne Cup day.

Historically, with the shop, MC day is very very quiet. I assume that the world is too busy preparing themselves for MC luncheons to come shopping for gifts.

Until today!

I was busy all day right up until 1.50pm, it was a fantastic day for sales and there was no time to stop for lunch.

My girls attended the pub for lunch and MC sweeps and asked me to join them for the big race after I closed the shop, but I hadn’t  even closed the shop when the race was running.

I had set up the training room for meditation and cleared all of the new clothes from the room so that I could make a quick exit to be with them, but the stars did not align.

Aggie was kind enough to grab some sweep tickets for me but I was a loser.

The Elders staff came in at 11am and invited Adoring Husband and I to the Bowls Club to join their Melbourne Cup table for a free lunch! Unexpected that was! It was a nice gesture but way too short notice for me to take advantage.

By the end of my day, I was exhausted. I came home, made myself a pot of tea, watched my quiz shows and then cooked duck breast with vegetables for dinner, followed by watching more trashy TV.

It’s already 11pm and I have to be up early for meditation.




That last one should not be aimed only at young adults - we ALL need to take note of that one!

Nite all.

No comments: