Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 17, 2021

Busy Everywhere

Our main street was incredibly busy this morning with parking spaces full, long queues in the supermarket and post office and even the other shops full with shorter queues outside.

My shop, on the other hand, was very quiet in the morning with just a few customers making small purchases.

This gave me time to get a lot of  stocktaking done.

Mrs Bucket paid me a visit, talking nine to the dozen, as she does. Plenty of news, some good and some bad.

Another lady decided to tell me her tales of woe. She was not happy and obviously needed to get stuff off her chest - so I listened.

Quite a bit of anger regarding the need for mask wearing in all of QLD beginning at 1am tomorrow morning.

I can certainly relate to that.




In the hour after midday, my shop filled up and I finished with a flourish making very good sales.

We have been enjoying the test cricket this afternoon and evening while munching on home made paleo pizzas.

It’s only 7.30pm but I’m feeling quite weary so I’m thinking an early night might be on the cards.


Nite all.

No comments: