Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Records Broken

 An interesting interview between Dr Mark Hobart and x-QANTAS pilot Graham Hood.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=408993524283821&extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-UNK_GK0T-GK1C&ref=sharing

I broke my sales record in the shop today.

I was busy from 8.58am until 2.30pm - we even closed 30 minutes later than usual!

We counted five caravans on one side of the council caravan park this morning and maybe a dozen on the other side. We suspected that it would be a very quiet day in the shop.

How wrong we were.

There were, again, many locals coming in asking if it was true I was closing and again, pleading with me to stay. 

As nice as it is to feel their support, I know that when push comes to shove, they won’t be able to help me when the ‘the powers that be’ become even more controlling.

Unless a miracle occurs, I’ll be finished by the end of January.

There were lots of holiday makers and I discussed with all of them the Covid/vaccination situation. They were all ‘pro choice’ and all had underlying reasons for getting the jab - parents or friends in nursing homes, family interstate, their job required it or they want to travel overseas.

All of them said they wouldn’t have done it but for those reasons.

I asked every customer (28 of them) if they knew anybody who had Covid. The very last customer of the day said she knew a young 24 yr old man who had just been diagnosed, had no symptoms but now was self quarantining.

Anyway, there were a lot of very interesting conversations and six of those customers were also unvaccinated which was a surprise to me.

The day passed very quickly and I was shocked when Adoring Husband walked through the door because I had no idea that it was almost closing time!

When I arrived home, I batched up the bone broth and started another batch. 

I cooked salmon steak and salad for AH. I made a bowl of prawns, avocado, mango and the most delicious Roma tomato for myself with fresh lemon juice for dressing.

SBS was my channel of choice tonight and I watched a piece on healing phobias, followed by an interesting program about the future of the world and finally a show about Seventh Day Adventists and child molestation within the ranks.

All quite exhausting really!

It’s after midnight so I’d best get some sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: