Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

On-going

Tis the season to be jolly.

I did not break records today but sales were still very good.

Still more questions about the shop staying or going.

The crazy Stinger Lady dropped in with lots of new information for me to photocopy and read. We chatted for about an hour and both used colourful language and animated hand movements to express our emotional disgust, confusion, discombobulation, frustration, anger and disbelief about the goings on in the world.

One of the meditation ladies came for a visit. Last week she was very emotional and I gave her a long warm hug as she left. Today she was feeling much better and we talked about meditation and the positive ways that it was improving her outlook on life.

During that visit, Aggie poked her nose in the door but left almost immediately - you’d best pop back in tomorrow Ms Aggie! I was disappointed to miss out on a catch up with her.

I spent some time decluttering the sitting area near my desk. I figure I need to start doing a little bit each day to start clearing out.

I actually had time for lunch - prawns, avocado and mango. Yum.

Believe it or not, I did some ironing - just my five white shirts/tops. I love ironing … NOT.

Adoring Husband had his SES Christmas party this afternoon so after he left, I jumped in the pool, swam a few laps, floated for a while and then sat in my egg chair swinging and enjoying the cool breeze.

No dinner for me.

ANTI-inflammitea.

More fluffy Christmas movies.

I think I’m done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: